Just days after the fans voted for the 2020 Team of the Year, EA Sports announced on January 22 which players had won places on the team. 11 players were part of the 2020 starting lineup, and it includes some big names from around the world.
Juventus’ Cristiano Ronaldo, along with forwards Robert Lewandowski and FIFA 21 cover athlete Kylian Mbappe, are the three players who have been part of the squad up front. The midfielder has a Premier League flair, as Manchester City’s Kevin de Bruyne and Man U’s Bruno Fernandes have also been on the squad. At the back, Canadian star Alphonso Davies, as well as established stars Trent Alexander-Arnold, Virgil van Dijk and Sergio Ramos.
Here’s a full rundown of the 2020 Team of the Year:
- Piemonte Calcio (Juventus) ST Cristiano Ronaldo
- PSG ST Kylian Mbappe
- Bayern Munich ST Robert Lewandowski
- Manchester United CAM Bruno Fernandes
- Manchester City CAM Kevin de Bruyne
- Bayern Munich CDM Joshua Kimmich
- Bayern Munich LB Alphonso Davies
- Real Madrid CB Sergio Ramos
- Liverpool CB Virgil van Dijk
- Liverpool RB Trent Alexander-Arnold
- Bayern Munich GK Manuel Neuer
Bayern Munich have been the big winners this year. The München placed four players (Lewandowski, Kimmich, Davies, Neuer) on the starting XI. Liverpool played two players in the 2020 Team of the Year.